In the scorching heat of summers watermelons become ripe and really juicy.
They have numerous benefits and eating a bowl full of watermelon or a glass of its juice a day keeps the body very healthy.Watermelon is a natural source of most powerful antioxidants provided by nature.
1. It cleanses the kidneys.
2. Watermelon detoxifies the liver.
3. It flushes out the excess salt from the body.
4. Reduces high blood pressure.
5.Watermelons are an excellent source of several vitamins: vitamin A, which helps maintain eye health.
6. Vitamin C, which helps heal wounds, prevent cell damage, and promote healthy teeth and gums.
7.Vitamin B6, which helps brain function and helps convert protein to energy.
8. Watermelon also contains the amino acids citrulline and arginine, which can help maintain arteries, blood flow, and overall cardiovascular function.
9.Watermelon has a special cooling effect and is exceptionally high in citrulline, an amino acid that our bodies use to make another amino acid, arginine, which is used in the urea cycle to remove ammonia from the body.
10. Watermelon prevents the bones from becoming brittle and break easily.
11. The antioxidants help in reducing the severity of asthma.
12. It also reduces the risk of colon cancer, asthma, breast cancer, rheumatoid arthritis, and prostate cancer.
13. Watermelon is a good source of thiamin, potassium and magnesium which protect our body from so many diseases.
14. Watermelon is fat free but helps energy production. It protects against macular degeneration.
When summer heat tires us with thirst, eating watermelon is a safe alternative to taking energy drinks. Since it contains high water quantity it can hydrates us whereas other drinks are caffeine filled energy drinks which can easily dehydrate us. Nothing can be more satisfactory on a hot, dusty day than a crisp, juicy slice of watermelon or a glass of fresh watermelon juice.