Tag Archives: love
So here I begin on a topic very sacred to all and one of the most cherished to me!
I would like to quote an Urdu /hindi song:
“ Hai tujhay bhi Ijazat kur le tu bhi Mohabbat”
“You are permitted to love somebody.”
After reading Erich Segal’ s book “ Act of Faith”, I almost got into the frame of mind that celibacy is it! That’s the right choice. Keeps us away from so many worldly problems conflicts. But by the time I was on the last few chapters I thought Does it really? Keep us away from loving, longing and yes sinning?
My topic was basically Matrimony and what you read was just a prelude.
I believe in it stand by it and have my full faith in it!
But when two people are getting into it do THEY?
& stand by it really for better or for worse?
When I hit Wikipedia for the key meaning for matrimony, which to me was obviously marriage. I came up with so many links the matrimony, the catholic marriage, the perfect marriage and the unholy marriage 😉
Now being married twice what my little thoughts or advice may sound like idealistic, but never the less I would like to voice my opinion. You have all the rights to disagree, give your inputs or agree.
First Time around:
Well just as of today on my facebeook wall I read something very interesting which all about to be married girls should read 😉
“Quote: My dear new family, I thank u for welcoming me in my new house. Firstly i must tell u that my presence here should not change your life routines.
Those who used to do the laundry must keep on doing it. Those cooking must keep cooking. Those cleaning must keep cleaning. Those washing dishes must keep washing. I’ll not disturb any body’s routine. So far as i m concerned, I m here only to eat BUN, have FUN &to take care of your SON;)
Hmmmmm…interesting isn’t it? Put your own parents in that place . The mom doing all the work.,the father working, from day to night, the daughter studying along with helping her mom with the household chore one brother that you have who is studying hard at college.
Will you not expect your sister in law to come and take over? Be the mother hen. So you can be married off and don’t have to do any work at your own house.
But why this paradox??? Working at your parents place to please them, the guests and your future in laws is ok, but once you are married and go into YOUR own home doing anything is beyond you?
I will be a little backward here but letting your children voice their opinions loudly in front of their elders is not helping in retaining our family norms and values. They are actually helping in arising a lot of old homes and abandoned older and ailing parents.
We as parents have a great responsibility to make our young ones better human beings as we were the one who brought them in this world. It was our choice not theirs.
We need to teach them to love, to honor, to respect, to be considerate, what is compassion, about empathy and much more.
For healthy living we just not need to focus on a healthy body but a healthy mind too. Positive thoughts, positive actions, positive comments in general attract positivity and negativity attracts negativity. ( That is a first hand experience)
Second Time Around
One is just more careful 🙂
1. There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.
2. The hardest thing to do is watch the one you love, love someone else.
3. The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it. Sometimes love blinds us, other times it let’s us see.
4. We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
5. When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our soul.
6. If we deny love that is given to us, if we refuse to give love because we fear pain or loss, then our lives will be empty, our loss greater.
7.The mind cannot long act the role of the heart.
8.Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.
9. Science is the search for truth – it is not a game in which one tries to beat his opponent or to do harm to others.
Zindagi mein jo shumein theen who to ub tak bujh chukeen
Jo deeya timtima rahein hein unko haath rukh ke rok lo
Zindagi se jub yeh roshni uth jaaye gi….
Na to phir tum raho ge aur na hi mein dekh paon gi.
Yeh jo diye hein aaj timtimatay hoay
Yehi hein meray rah guzar, meray hum nasheen meray rahbar…
Yeh jo chorr jaen ge saath mera…
To kon ho ga mera aasra….
Mein jo gum gaee iss bheer mein…
To kaun batay ga mujhay sahi raasta?
Jo baap se bhi ziyada azeez ho….
Jo ghamon mein sub se qareeb ho…
Jo meray dukhon mein shareek ho
Usay kaun kaisay bhulaay ga
Kiya mujhay bhi koi sikhaye ga?
Koi thak ke ghar mein jab aaye ga…
To utnay pyaar se kaandhay kaun dabaye gaa????
Aaj bohat thuk gaeen hoon agha jee….
Aaj to kaandhay daba hi dein…
Susti si ho gayee hai kuchh..
Only five minutes more suna hi dein…
Just once more pleaseeeee!!!!!
Let’s Communicate with God
1. Prayer is not a “spare wheel” that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a “steering wheel” that directs the right path throughout.
2. So a Car’s WINDSHIELD is so large & the Rear view Mirror is so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. So, Look Ahead and Move on.
3. Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write.
4. All things in life are temporary. If going well, enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong, don’t worry, they can’t last long either.
5. Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says, “Relax, sweetheart, it’s just a bend, not the end!
6. When GOD solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when GOD doesn’t solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.
7. A blind person asked St. Anthony: “Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?” He replied: “Yes, losing your vision!”
8. When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them, and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
9. WORRYING does not take away tomorrow’s TROUBLES, it takes away today’s PEACE.
My Friends IDEAS leads to VISION… that to a MISSION and that to SUCCESS!
I understand a lot of my readers do not like my detailed and lengthy posts.
Neither do I, but sometimes certain things cannot be omitted.
With few exceptions, disease and dysfunction do not develop quickly!
- Disease and dysfunction tend to develop slowly, usually over many years as subtle and overt signs that mark loss of health are ignored.
- I have found that many people feel that they are fine until they get diagnosed with a named condition like diabetes or hypertension.
- The reality is that degeneration is a fact of life – with each passing day, we lose some of our health potential.
- It’s the pace at which our bodies degenerate that we influence through our daily choices.
- By understanding the main causes of disease and dysfunction, we can make dietary and lifestyle choices that promote longevity.
The main causes of acceleration of disease and dysfunction can be categorized into three groups:
Let’s take a close look at each of these categories of causes of disease and dysfunction:
There are four main types of injury that contribute to disease and dysfunction:
- Cellular Damage by Unhealthy Foods
- Gross or Repetitive Stress Injury
- Emotional Injury
- Electromagnetic Injury
Some foods – or more accurately, some heavily adulterated foods and food-like chemicals – are capable of causing direct injury to our cells. Other highly processed foods cause indirect injury to our cells by deteriorating the health of our major organs and blood vessels.
Some of the worst offenders include:
- Deep-fried foods like donuts, French fries, and most varieties of potato chips
- Margarine and shortening
- Artificial additives like MSG and aspartame
- Sugar-laden snacks and beverages
- Hot dogs, most varieties of sausage, bacon, and highly processed luncheon meats that contain nitrites
Gross or Repetitive Stress Injury
A gross physical injury like a strained back or sprained ankle is an obvious cause of dysfunction. What’s not so obvious in such cases is that if injured joints and muscles are not properly stretched and conditioned post-injury, the result may be scar tissue formation and joint dysfunction that may cause problems with mobility and flexibility over the long term.
Whenever we experience a gross injury to muscles or joints, it’s best to stretch and exercise the injured area as soon as we’re able to without creating intolerable pain.
Emotional injury refers to cellular damage that is caused by chronic emotional stress.
As a direct cause of disease and dysfunction, this category is not given the attention that it deserves because it’s difficult to come up with standardized treatments that can address every person’s personal sources of anxiety and fear.
In an early draft of a report issued in the spring of 1990, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in the United States recommended that electromagnetic fields (EMF’s) be classified as a class B carcinogen – a probable human carcinogen. Unfortunately, by the time that the EPA released the final draft of this report, the words “class B carcinogen” were deleted.
“In conclusion, several studies showing leukemia, lymphoma and cancer of the nervous system in children exposed to EMF’s, supported by similar findings in adults in several occupational studies also involving electrical power frequency exposures, show a consistent pattern of response that suggest a causal link.”
But we can take steps to minimize our exposure to some of the following, most common threats:
- Talking for long stretches of time with a cell phone pressed against our heads.
- Living close to mobile phones, antennas and towers.
- Working for many years in a profession that involves being in close proximity to devices that emit ionizing radiation.
- Regularly lying in tanning beds.
With each passing year, electronic devices like flat screen TVs and computer monitors are becoming bigger and more pleasing to the eyes. While all of these devices are not guaranteed to emit significant amounts of electromagnetic radiation, common sense dictates that it’s wise to be modest in our choice and use of all devices that require electricity to run.
There are two main types of toxicity that contribute to disease and dysfunction:
- Exogenous Toxicity
- Endogenous Toxicity
Exogenous toxins are chemicals that are made outside of our bodies that can harm our cells if they are ingested, inhaled, or absorbed into your bloodstream.
While it’s unrealistic to live and work in an environment that is completely free of exogenous toxins, we can minimize our exposure to exogenous toxins by being aware of the common household toxins.
Over-the-counter, prescription, and recreational drugs are all exogenous toxins.
Endogenous toxins are toxins that are produced inside of the digestive tract by microorganisms. While some endogenous toxins are eliminated as gas, some make their way into our bloodstream by traveling through our intestinal walls, and once they make it into our bloodstream, they can access our cells and contribute to toxic burden.
The best ways to minimize the amount of endogenous toxins that are produced in our digestive tracts are to chew our foods well, eat mainly fresh, minimally processed foods, and ensure exposure to friendly bacteria.
Disease and dysfunction are accelerated when we are deficient in any of the following:
- Physical and Emotional Rest
- Sunlight and Fresh Air
- Love and Life Purpose
To be optimally healthy, our cells need enough energy (calories) to carry out everyday metabolic activities – these calories are obtained by burning one or more of the following macronutrients: protein, fat, and carbohydrates.
Our cells also require a steady supply of the following micronutrients: vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. And to be optimally healthy, we require adequate intake of water, fiber, and phytonutrients.
A good way to become deficient in the micronutrients that we need to prevent disease and premature aging is to eat highly processed foods that fill us up but don’t provide us with substantial amounts of natural micronutrients – soda and foods that are made with white flour belong in this category.
Physical and Emotional Rest
Adequate physical rest is critical to preventing premature disease and dysfunction, as the endocrine system relies heavily on restful sleep to function properly.
Sunlight and Fresh Air
Promoting optimal vitamin D status by exposing skin to sunlight without getting burned has been receiving tremendous support from the research community over the past several years. Vitamin D supports several major organ systems, including our nervous, immune, and skeletal, and cardiovascular systems.
Optimal health also requires optimally oxygenated blood, which is only possible when we have regular access to fresh air. We must not overlook the importance of sleeping in the presence of fresh air.
Love and Life Purpose
Consistently feeling loved and cared about is essential to preventing disease and dysfunction as we age
As discussed in the section on emotional trauma, making healthy choices is easiest when we have a foundation of good emotional health.
Our unique life purposes don’t have to involve anything on a global level, or even a small rural town level; the idea is to feel content with our daily efforts to be kind and helpful people.
Where do our genes fit into our risk of developing disease and dysfunctional cells? Like our emotional health status, our genetics serve as a type of foundation that all of our daily choices build upon or tear down. In the vast majority of cases, genetic predispositions for specific health challenges like breast cancer, endometriosis, prostate cancer, colo-rectal cancer, and other conditions that are often described as having strong genetic components can stay dormant if we minimize our exposure to the major causes of disease discussed earlier, and if we consistently make health-promoting choices.
Not all of us may make it to 120 years of age, but by understanding the main causes of disease and dysfunction, working on staying emotionally balanced, and making sensible choices each day, we can have peace of mind in knowing that we are maximizing our health potential.
A marriage ended after 22 too short years. My darling friend who was just like a sister Ghazala left us for a better place at just 41 years of age. so unpredictable and tragic. Cancer is a silent killer.
Her husband my dear friend and brother Mohsin is left behind to face this world and what it has to offer with the support of just his family and some friends.
Nothing can fill the gap that his beloved , wife and friend Ghazala left. This poem; written in Roman Urdu; is dedicated to them.
” The most loving, compassionate and caring couple,
I ever came across in my entire life.”
Kab Yaad Main Tera Saath Nahin
Kab Haath Main Tera Haath Nahin,
Shukar hai Ke Apni Raaton Main
Ab Hijr Ki Koi Raat Nahin..
Jis shaan se koi qabar mein utray
Wo Shaan Salamat Rehti Hai,
Ye Jaan To Aani Jani Hai
Is Jaan Ki Koi Baat Nahin..
Maidan-e-Wafa Darbar Nahin
Yahaan Naam-o-Nasab Ki Pooch Kahan,
Aashiq To Kisi Ka Naam Nahin
Aur Ishq Kisi Ki Zaat Nahin..
Ye Baazi Ishq Ki Baazi Hai
Jo Chaho Laga Do Dar Kaisa,
Jo Jeet Gaye To Kya Kehnay
Haaray Bhi to Bazi Maat Nahin…..